The components of this course will include:
1. Understanding Why Guardianship May be Necessary
2. Overview of Alternatives to Guardianship
3. Types of Guardianships
4. Procedures to Establish a Guardianship
5. Duties of the Guardian
6. Reporting Requirements of the Guardian
7. Modifying, Terminating, or Closing a Guardianship
•The training course and the guardianship registration are to be completed on two separate websites. Completing the course does not complete the registration process. To register your guardianship, visit: https://jbcctexas.txcourts.gov/DefaultTexas.aspx
•Create a new user name and password, apart from the JBCC registration system, to access the training module.
•This course will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
•Use Google Chrome to complete the training.
•Mobile and Apple devices may not be compatible for using our online system.
How to Download Certificate
1. Upon completion, click the 'x' on the top right corner of the training. After doing so, you will be able to download a pdf file of the certificate.
2. After you print your training certificate, please provide a copy of the certificate to the court.
This training was developed under grant number SJI–17–E–138 from the State Justice Institute. The points of view expressed are those of the Office of Court Administration and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the State Justice Institute.
You selected to get the course Texas Guardianship Training. Please Login or Signup to get it.